Say Goodbye to Inherited Property Hassles: How to Sell Your Inherited House Fast in Missouri
Inheriting a house can be both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, you have a piece of property that has been passed down to you, which can hold sentimental value and memories of your loved ones. On the other hand, you may not be able to keep the property for various reasons, such as downsizing, retirement, or nursing home care.
If you recently inherited a house and want to sell it, we have the solution. KC Real Estate Buyers can buy your inherited property as-is and pay cash. We buy houses as-is in Kansas City, Missouri. Skip the traditional home sale and simplify the process with our cash offer. No home repairs. No realtor commissions. No closing costs.
Call 816-895-2999 and get a fast cash offer from our local home buyers in Missouri.
What is an Inherited Property?
From a legal standpoint, an inherited property refers to a real estate asset that passes to a beneficiary or heir upon the death of the property owner. Inherited property can be passed down through a will, trust, or according to state intestacy laws if the deceased did not leave a will or trust specifying the distribution of assets.
The process of transferring the inherited property’s ownership to the beneficiary or heir is typically managed through probate, which is the legal process of settling the deceased’s estate. Once the probate court approves the transfer of ownership, the beneficiary or heir gains legal rights to the property.
Inherited property can be subject to various taxes, such as
- Estate tax
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax, depending on the jurisdiction and the specific circumstances of the inheritance.
The beneficiary or heir assumes responsibility for any existing debts, liens, or mortgages associated with the property.
Types of Property You May Inherit
Probate inherited property refers to real estate assets that are part of a deceased person’s estate and must go through the probate process. During probate, the court oversees the distribution of the property to the designated heirs or beneficiaries according to the deceased’s will or state intestacy laws. Probate can be time-consuming and complex, but it ensures the legal transfer of ownership and helps resolve any claims or disputes related to the property.
Downsizing an inherited property occurs when you inherit a larger property than you need or want to maintain. In these cases, you may decide to sell the property and move to a smaller, more manageable home. This often happens when adult children inherit their parents’ homes, which may be too big or costly to maintain, or when the property is in a location that is not convenient for the heir.
Retirement inherited property typically involves real estate assets passed down to beneficiaries when the original owner retires and moves to a different living arrangement, such as a smaller home, a retirement community, or an assisted living facility. In these situations, the beneficiary may choose to sell the property, rent it out, or use it as their primary residence, depending on their needs and preferences.
A family member may transition into a nursing home or long-term care facility, and their real estate is passed down to your family. This type of inheritance often takes place when the original owner is no longer able to maintain their home due to physical or cognitive limitations. You may decide to sell the property, rent it out, or keep it within the family, depending on your financial and personal circumstances.
What is the Probate Process in Missouri?
The probate process in Missouri involves administering the estate of a deceased person, ensuring that their debts are paid, and their assets are distributed to the rightful heirs or beneficiaries. The process can be complex and is generally carried out under the supervision of a probate court. Here is an overview of the steps involved in the Missouri probate process:
Selling your home for cash can be a way to avoid losing your home to foreclosure and any equity built up in it. A cash home sale can provide you with the funds needed to pay off your mortgage and avoid foreclosure. Additionally, a cash home sale can be a quick and easy process, allowing you to move on with your lives without the stress and uncertainty of foreclosure.
- Filing a Petition: The process begins when someone (usually the executor named in the will or a close relative) files a petition with the appropriate probate court. The petition requests the court to admit the will to probate and appoint an executor or administrator to manage the estate.
- Notice to Creditors and Heirs: The court-appointed executor or administrator must notify creditors and heirs of the deceased about the probate proceedings. This allows creditors to file claims against the estate, and heirs or beneficiaries to be aware of the process.
- Inventory and Appraisal: The executor or administrator is responsible for creating an inventory of the deceased’s assets and having them appraised to determine their fair market value. This inventory must be filed with the court and is used to help settle any outstanding debts and distribute assets to beneficiaries.
- Paying Debts and Taxes: The executor or administrator must pay any valid claims from creditors, as well as any applicable federal or state taxes owed by the deceased or their estate.
- Distributing Assets: Once all debts and taxes have been paid, the executor or administrator distributes the remaining assets to the heirs or beneficiaries according to the will or, if there is no will, in accordance with Missouri’s intestate succession laws.
- Closing the Estate: After the assets have been distributed, the executor or administrator files a final accounting with the court, showing all income, expenses, and distributions made by the estate. If the court approves the accounting, it will issue an order officially closing the estate.
Sell Your Inherited House As-Is for Cash to KC Real Estate Buyers
At KC Real Estate Buyers, we understand the complexities and emotional challenges that come with selling a house during probate. We’re here to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible for you and your family. When you choose to work with us, you can sell your house as-is for cash, without worrying about any repairs or updates.
We have experience navigating the probate process and can work closely with you to ensure all legal requirements are met. Our team is committed to providing a fair and transparent offer for your property, allowing you to liquidate the asset quickly and distribute the proceeds to the heirs or beneficiaries.
At KC Real Estate Buyers, we’re dedicated to helping you sell your house as-is for cash during probate, allowing you to focus on what truly matters: honoring your loved one’s legacy and moving forward with peace of mind.
Our Simple House-Buying Process
A traditional home sale is complicated and requires several steps. The entire process can take months. You may have to make home repairs, hire a realtor, show the house, find a buyer, and close the sale. If you don’t have the time or money for a traditional home sale but need to sell your house fast, we provide a smarter alternative. Our home-buying process includes three steps.
Step 1: Tell Us About Your Property
During our first meeting, we learn more about your property and why you are selling. Feel free to ask questions or address any concerns about a cash home sale. We may schedule a quick walkthrough of the property. Afterward, we’ll assess your property value and decide if we want to move forward.
Step 2: Get a Cash Offer on Your House
If we like what we see, we’ll make a cash offer on your house. In most cases, we can make an offer within 24 to 48 hours so that you don’t have to wait. Our cash home offers are always fair and honest – we’ll never lowball you or take advantage of your situation. We base our offers on your home’s market value.
Step 3: Get Paid Cash for Your House
If you accept our offer, the final step is to close the sale. Unlike a traditional home sale, we can close a cash home sale in as little as three to five days. We transfer the title, sign the paperwork and pay you for the property. You walk away with no strings attached. Selling a house has never been easier.
What Are the Benefits of a Cash Home Sale During Probate?
We offer a seamless and efficient cash home sale experience. Choosing to sell your house to us for cash comes with numerous benefits that make the process hassle-free and advantageous:
- Speedy Sale Process: With a cash home sale, we can close the deal much faster than a traditional sale. We don’t need to wait for mortgage approvals, which means you can have the money in your hands in a matter of days or weeks.
- No Repairs or Updates Required: We understand that repairing or updating a home can be costly and time-consuming. When you sell to KC Real Estate Buyers, we buy your house as-is, saving you the stress and expense of making any repairs or improvements.
- No Realtor Commissions or Fees: By selling your house directly to us, you avoid paying costly realtor commissions and fees, putting more money in your pocket at the end of the transaction.
- Simple and Transparent Process: We make the entire process as simple and transparent as possible. Our team will guide you through every step, ensuring you understand the process and feel comfortable with your decision.
- Reliable and Pre-Qualified Buyer: When you choose KC Real Estate Buyers, you can trust that we have the funds available and are fully committed to purchasing your home. This eliminates the risk of a buyer backing out or the deal falling through due to financing issues.
- Reduced Stress: Selling a home can be a stressful experience. At KC Real Estate Buyers, we aim to alleviate that stress by offering a quick, straightforward cash sale, allowing you to focus on your next chapter with peace of mind.
Choose KC Real Estate Buyers for a hassle-free, beneficial cash home sale experience that puts your needs first.
Sell Your House Fast in Kansas City, Missouri
If you need to sell your house fast but don’t want the hassle of a traditional home sale, contact KC Real Estate Buyers. We buy houses as-is. No repairs are needed. Avoid closing costs and realtor commissions. Close in as little as seven days. Call 816-895-2999 and get a fast cash offer from our local home buyers in Missouri.